Looking for easy, engaging November social media ideas in 2021? This article is filled with Social Media Holidays for the entire month of November. Get your content prepped to go with social media video ideas, GIFs, images and more!
BY DONNA MORITZ | UPDATED AUGUST 30, 2021
Posts on this blog may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you, if you purchase through a link.
This post is jam-packed with national and international holidays for all 30 days of November in 2021. And to add some fun to it, we've included some editable Canva templates that you can get started with straight away.
And if you're looking for weekly and monthly November social media ideas, we've got you covered with some of those too. There are also some tools and ideas at the end of this post to turn the ideas into visual content. Come back to check on this post any time for ideas and share the handy infographic below.
What's Included with Your November Social Media Ideas
What to expect in this post packed with November Social Media Ideas:
- Canva templates for you to create images and videos quickly to match your posts!
- an overview of all the November social media ideas. This includes what to create and how to share the content you create from this post – images or even videos or GIFs.
- a super-handy reference guide (plus an Infographic) to help you easily grab social media ideas and holidays for the month of October in 2021.
- Bonus visual tools and resources so you can create visuals for dozens of Social Media Holidays. Yep, that's #AllTheHolidays! We've got your back with our Social Media Holiday Content Calendar.
Check the other monthly social media ideas posts in this series:
- 60+ January Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More
- 60+ February Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More
- 60+ March Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More
- 60+ April Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More
- 60+ May Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More
- 60+ June Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More
- 60+ July Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More
- 60+ August Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More
- 60+ September Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More
- 60+ October Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More.
- 60+ December Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More
Note that many of these holidays are US-based along with International and regional holidays. Look up holidays in your country or region to add more local content to your posts!
Tips for Creating November Content Quickly
Scheduling content ahead can really streamline the process. Try doing a few of the following suggestions and you'll find it so much easier when you know your content strategy is scheduled ahead.
Think in terms of getting a whole month's worth of content ready – all your November social media ideas are scheduled, prepped, and ready to post. Try these tips for your video confent:
- Use the templates: Many visual content tools use templates to help you create. Use them! Yes, you CAN design content from scratch yourself, even if you're a non-designer! But it's quicker to use a design template (created by a designer) and save yourself some time. Simply edit and customise the design. Keep it simple and choose only 1 or 2 things to edit. This could be the text, imagery/photo/background video, fonts or colors.) Be careful changing too many elements, you can easily ruin the design.
- Batch your visuals! If you're going to create one video or image or GIF… do more than one at once. Creating your content in batches is so much efficient vs doing it one-by-one. And once you open up a design tool you may as well use it well, right?
- Create social videos that are ready to post – Start with short, social videos of just 15-30 seconds in length. This is a good length to catch our attention. Once you feel confident, you can switch up to longer videos or YouTube length long-format video. You'll notice we've included some Canva video templates in this series too!
- Know the content your audience loves to watch. What do they engage with? Is it how-to content? Handy tips? Questions? Or maybe good old fun, observational humour?
- Use GIFs for more personality – Millions of GIFs can be found in Giphy's huge online library. Or you can even create your own! GIFs add a lot of personality to social media posts, emails, blog posts or messages. If you share Giphy GIFs directly from Giphy, be sure to give credit and views to the creator.
Canva Templates + 45 Days Free Trial on Canva Pro
Get started by using the Canva templates in this post (free for Canva Pro users). Canva Pro gives you access to thousands of videos, elements, photos and templates from a whole range of designers on the Canva Marketplace. Try it free for 45 days on this link:
Quick Guide Infographic to November Social Media Ideas & Holidays
Use our quick reference guide to all your November Social Media Ideas in 2021. Share it now or save to Pinterest for later reference:
Want to see our full 2021 Social Media Holiday Infographic? Click here.
Check out the tools and tips below for creating November content. Let's dive in!
November Social Media Ideas and Holidays – Calendar Days
We have included at least one “day” or holiday for every day in our November social media ideas and holidays. Let's ju mp in:
1. National Author's Day – Today is the day that millions of people celebrate Author's and the books they write. Celebrate with a post about your favorite Author or book today.
2. Day of the Dead – This Mexican Festival is celebrated throughout Mexico, in particular in the southern and central regions – and by all people of Mexican heritage throughout the world. The focus is on prayer and remembrance of friends and family members who have died. Beautiful, colorful altars are made to remember the dead and there are many traditional dishes of food that are prepared as well. Find out more about this festival here.
3. World JellyFish Day – Yes, today is the day for those wobbly, yet serene creatures that float through the ocean – whether it's a post about how to avoid stings (looking at you, Australia) or a video of fun facts about Jellyfish, you can find out some fun facts here.
And it's National Sandwich Day.
4. National Candy Day – Sweet! Today is a day of celebration of all things Candy and Sweets. It's also post-Halloween, so you can continue on the discussion after the sugar high. Use #CandyDay
It's also Use Your Common Sense Day. No need to explain this one! #useyourcommonsenseday
5. Guy Fawkes Day – A popular day of celebration in the United Kingdom annually, this day is all about Bonfires at night! Guy Fawkes Day marks the anniversary of the discovery of a plot organized by Catholic conspirators to blow up the Houses of Parliament in London in 1605. It's celebrated by people lighting bonfires and setting off fireworks around the UK (and is also known as Bonfire Night). So we had to include it in our November social media ideas.
6. National Nachos Day – 6th November is National Nachos Day. As if we need a reason, but if you love Nachos, today is the day to indulge. Or post your favourite Nachos recipe! Find out more about Nachos Day here to get some ideas for social media posts including the history of Nachos!
7. National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day – because, as always, you can never have too much chocolate! Enjoy.
8. Cappuccino Day – If you love this steamy, frothy, caffiene-filled beverage, then why not post about it today. Find out some fun facts and history of Cappuccino's here or share a fun Message Reminder post, using this template:
It's also STEM/STEAM Day. Today is a day to celebrate Kids and learning in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths. Find out some ways to celebrate it here. Then hopefully your November Social Media ideas will be packed with STEM inspiration!
9. World Freedom Day – This day was declared by then President, George W Bush to be an annual observance. It commemorates the fall of the Berlin Wall and the end of communist rule in Eastern Europe – now celebrated annually on November 9th.
10. International Accounting Day – I know, I know, this sounds a little boring to share on social media. Well, firstly, if you are an accounting or numbers business, then it's a great day to share. Even if you aren't, then consider posting some fun fact or puzzle involving numbers!
Maybe more interesting to the public at large is the fact that today is also Sesame Street Day. Who didn't watch Sesame Street as a child, right? This day was celebrated initially in 2009, to mark the show's 40th anniversary.
11. Veterans Day (US) – this is a federal holiday in the US, observed annually on November 11. It is held to honor military veterans – dead or alive – but is largely about thanking the living veterans for their sacrifices and service. Find out more fun facts about Veterans Day here.
It's also Origami Day.
12. Chicken Soup for the Soul Day – from the day that the first Chicken Soup for the Soul Book was published over 20 years ago, over 110 million copies have been sold around the world. These books are about sharing extraordinary stories with the world. Maybe today is a great day to share a story that nobody else knows about you or your business, or share a heartwarming chicken-soup-esque story.
13. World Kindness Day – This day began at the first World Kindness Movement® conference held at Tokyo in 1998, and celebrates the 35th anniversary of the Small Kindness Movement of Japan. It's a day to look beyond ourselves, race, religion, boundaries and focus on what we have in common and… just be kind to each other, and to have empathy! Use #WKD #WorldKindnessDay.
14. Spicy Guacamole Day – Spice up your Nachos with Spicy Guac! Or post your favourite Guac recipe or ask your audience to share theirs! What is a list of November social media ideas without Guac, right?
It's also World Diabetes Day #WorldDiabetesDay. Today is all about education about the warning signs of Type 2 Diabetes and actions that you can take to reduce the risk. Find out more here.
15. Steve Irwin Day – A major day of remembrance of Australian's favourite loveable-larrikin and wildlife warrior, Steve Irwin. Celebrated annually on November 15th, Steve Irwin Day is about celebrating the things that Steve was passionate about: Family, Wildlife Conservationa and Fun. Find out more here.
Today is also Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day and National Philanthropy Day. And if you love to write, it's I Love to Write Day too.
And if you are a lover of funny social media posts with a mix of humor and popular culture, then it's Meme Day. Share a Meme or use this template to make your own:
16. International Day of Tolerance – #ToleranceDay – another United Nations Day, the International Day of Tolerance is about strengthening tolerance by fostering mutual understanding among cultures and peoples. Find out more here.
17. Take a Hike Day – This day is observed annually in the US on November 17 – and with over 60,000 miles of trails in the National Trail System across the US there's no shortage of hikes to be done!
It's also National Unfriend Day – an obscure day to celebrate but maybe it's a good excuse (or a good time) to clear up your social accounts! This is about simplifying your connections online and focusing on the people that matter. If your newsfeed is full of content you're not enjoying, consider a clean-up!
18. Mickey Mouse Day – I've been a card-carrying Disney Superfan since I was a kid. So, I had to include Mickey Mouse Day in our November social media ideas. Why November, 18th? On November 18, 1928, our friend Mickey made his film premiere in the animated short “Steamboat Willie.” Post about Mickey or Disney on this day! Never seen Steamboat Willie? You're in luck! It's publicly available to share on Disney's YouTube channel.
19. Women's Entrepreneurship Day – Every November 19th is a day to celebrate women entrepreneurs. Find out more here.
It's also Play Monopoly Day! Get our your favourite Monopoly Board or ask your audience what their fave board game is!
20. National Absurdity Day – A day to celebrate the weird, unusual and bizarre!
It's also World Children's Day. Share a fun, family-focused kid-centric post like this one. This template can be edited for many different purposes to “showcase” an image that is “priceless”:
21. World Hello Day – secular holiday observed on November 21 annually. On this day we are encouraged to communicate – and to say hello to 10 people or more. It's all about greeting people and preserving peace. This event apparently began in 1973 as a response to the Yom Kippur War.
It's also World Television Day – we've come a long way from silent movies to Netflix! Find out more about the United Nations World Television Day and use the hashtag #WorldTelevisionDay.
And it's International Games Day to celebrate all things games – board games, video games and all types of games.
22. Go for a Ride Day – A day to enjoy the journey – whether it by bike, car, scooter, train, bus, or plane. It's the perfect excuse to go on an adventure in your own neighbourhood or further afield!
23. Dr Who Day (Tardis Day) – Why today to celebrate our time-travelling Lord? Because today was the day that the first episode of Dr Who went to air – November 23rd. It was called “An Unearthly Child”. Find out more here.
Post about the Tardis or Dr Who today! Or maybe ask your audience what their favorite Sci-Fi TV show was. Or run a poll!
It's also my favourite kind of coffee day – Espresso Day! No matter what type of coffee you drink, espresso is at the heart of them (don't talk to me about de-cafe). Find out more about this dark, powerful, pick-me-up here. Or share an educational espresso template like this one:
It's also Fibonacci Day. Why? The date is written in the mm/dd format (11/23 – US date format). As such, the digits in the date form a Fibonacci sequence: 1,1,2,3. This famous sequence is a series of numbers where a number is the sum of the two numbers before it. It's also the basis of many amazing patterns in our world.
24. Celebrate Your Unique Talent Day – We all have unique talents. Today is a day to share them. Can you juggle? Speak a language? Dance the tango? Share something fun with your audience.
25. International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women – With violence against women still being a huge issue around the world, this is an important day from the UN. Find out more here and how you can participate or share.
It's also Thanksgiving (US) – Break out the feast … and the football. Today is all about giving thanks, spending time with family friends and yes, usually eating more than you would in a week over a massive feast. Today is Thanksgiving and you can share a post like this to celebrate the meaning of Thanksgiving:
26. National Cake Day – Did somebody say Cake? I did, and yes, it's Cake Day, today! Enough said. Another slice? #NationalCakeDay #CakeDay. Share a post about Cake or perhaps a joke about cake:
It's also Black Friday – The shopping frenzy for deals that is Black Friday happens the day after US Thanksgiving, so you progress from stuffing yourself with turkey to stuffing your credit card with purchases. Basically it marks the start of the crazy Christmas shopping period. It's a good time to offer a special offer or deal too.
Fun Fact: It was originally called Black Friday because of the volume of shoppers, traffic accidents and even violence.
27. Small Business Saturday too! One of my favorite November social media ideas – celebrate the awesome and hardworking small businesses around the world. Use #ShopSmall and #SmallBusinessSaturday. Share a post to encourage us all to shop locally:
28. In case you need something else to eat after Thanksgiving (hehe), today is French Toast Day.
Hanukkah also begins today.
29. Today is Square Dancing Day if you would rather be line dancing than shopping.
It's also Cyber Monday. Just in case you need to sell or spend more money … this time online (if you didn't do so already on Black Friday!). Share a fun neon glitch template like this as a GIF or a video:
It's also Throw Out Your Leftovers Day. Time to finish up the Thanksgiving leftovers.
30. The last day of the month is National Mousse Day. No more words needed, because chocolate (that's the best kind of mousse, right?).
November Social Media Ideas and Holidays – Calendar Weeks and Months
Use this list of November month-long holidays to help you create content:
- International Games Week (7-13 November).
- National Fig Week (starting November 1st for 7 days)
- National Gratitude Month
- Epilepsy Awareness Month
- World Vegan Month
- Novel Writing Month
- Gluten-Free Diet Awareness Month
- National Native American Heritage Month
- Peanut Butter Lovers Lunch
Tips for creating videos in Canva
1. Use Templates
Start out with a little helping hand – use the templates already in Canva to help you get started. Then as you gain confidence, you can create a few templates from scratch.
2. Add Stickers and animated elements
Search under “elements” in Canva for animated elements and stickers. These can bring life to your video.
3. Download as a GIF or an MP4
You can choose between GIF and MP4 format when downloading your videos in Canva. Sometimes a short looping GIF is a great format for posting on social platforms, like Twitter or Facebook.
Get creative with these November social media ideas! And remember that any of the templates you see above are available on my profile (also in various resizes):
Want more Canva Templates?
Follow my Canva Creator Profile here on the Canva Marketplace – I'm one of the original invite-only creators for the Canva Marketplace, with over 3,000,000 downloads and hundreds of templates available for you to use with a Canva Pro Account. When you follow my Creator account, you will see my recent templates on the Templates Home Page.
And remember, you can join Canva Pro free for 45 days, using this link:
Want more Social Media Content Calendar ideas?
Check out our complete 12-month calendar for 2021 in this post:
Over to You
What strategies and tools do you use for creating social media posts? Get started with our calendar!
Latest posts by Donna Moritz (see all)
- 60+ November Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates - September 13, 2021
- 5 Ideas for Easy DIY Canva Infographics (+ Templates!) - September 13, 2021
- 60+ October Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates - August 29, 2021