Need some creative June social media ideas for 2023? Look no further. This post is jam-packed with Social Media Holidays for the month of June – including Canva Templates, ready to use!
Posts on this blog may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase through a link.
We've rounded up a whole swag of popular, national and international holidays for 2023. We've also included crazy and unusual days of celebration for June. You'll find 60+ different ideas in this post.
Not only do we have content calendar ideas for every day of the month, but we have weekly and monthly holidays too. And there are tools and ideas for you to return to at any time later for reference.
What Comes With these June Social Media Ideas?
- Canva templates for you to easily create awesome images or even videos for your content calendar.
- an overview of all the June social media ideas for your content calendar. This ideas for what to create and templates to help you create them… then share your images, videos or GIFs.
- a super-handy infographic to help you easily grab social media ideas and holidays for the month of June in 2023.
Check out the other monthly social media ideas posts in this series (updated early 2022).
- 60+ January Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ February Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ March Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ April Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ May Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ June Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ July Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ August Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ September Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ October Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ November Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ December Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
Tips for Creating May Content Quickly & Easily
Creating content can be time consuming and sometimes can seem to never end! But if you get smart about it, schedule ahead and use tips like templates and batching, you can create loads of content quickly and easily. Try these tips:
- Use templates. If you're not a designer and don't want to spend hours and hours designing, then it's simple… use templates. Luckily this post is packed with templates that you can use in Canva plus ideas for how to find more templates. Don't create from scratch unless you need to – use a template and simply change out the written or visual content (the text/message, image or graphic). Then you're good to go in way less time! Check out this post for some tips.
- Use batching. Don't just create one image, create 10-20. If you are creating a quote, why not create more than one? If you're creating a video, then do more than one using the same style. You'd never bake just one cupcake, so don't just create one image. Once you sit down and start creating content, it's easier to do a whole batch of visuals.
- Create short videos to post on social media – Social video or anything that moves is super popular. So why not create more video? It works really well for engagement on just about any social platform. So make sure you include animated visuals and videos in your content. Lucky for you, Canva has an AWESOME set of video features now from animated stickers to animated effects on images or entire designs to multi-scene video templates. It's all in one place in the one tool but if you need more ideas, then check out this post.
- Create content that is easily consumed. As I said, we like to scroll through our feed, so content like quotes, tips, observational humour, quick how-to videos work great for engagement.
- Create content around holidays in question – a top 5 list, a fun GIF or a quote.
Canva Templates + 45 Days Free Trial on Canva Pro
Get started by using the Canva templates in this post (includes templates that are both Free for all Canva users, and Free for Canva Pro users). Canva Pro gives you access to thousands of videos, elements, photos and templates from a whole range of designers on the Canva Marketplace. Try it free for 45 days on this link:
Quick Guide Infographic to June 2023 Social Media Ideas & Holidays
Here's a quick reference guide to June Social Media Holidays 2023, so you can share it or save it to Pinterest for later reference:
Want the full 2023 Social Media Holiday Infographic? Click here.
June Social Media Ideas and Holidays – Calendar Days
I've included at least one “day” or holiday for every day in this June list of social media ideas and holidays. We've also included hashtags, tools, tips and resources for creating visual content in 2023.
Get started by using the Canva templates in this post (free for Canva Pro users). Canva Pro gives you access to thousands of videos, elements, photos and templates from a whole range of designers on the Canva Marketplace. Try it free for 45 days on this link:
1. Global Day of Parents was proclaimed by the UN General Assembly in 2012 – it's about honoring parents throughout the world for their selfless commitment to children and their lifelong sacrifice towards nurturing this relationship. Find out more here.
It's also World Milk Day.
2. Rocky Road Day – need we say more. There's nothing better than the eclectic mix of Rocky Road ingredients. Sweet… but moorish! #RockyRoad #RockyRoadDay.
It's also Leave the Office Early Day. #LeaveTheOfficeEarlyDay. So pack up your computer and get outside! Or perhaps share a GIF from the TV Series, The Office to add some humour to your post.
It's also National Donut Day #DonutDay #NationalDonutDay. Nom nom nom – all things donuts. Today is a social media dream for content because … who doesn't love Donuts? It's celebrated on the first Friday of June each year.
3. National Egg Day #Egg Day – Celebrate with your favourite recipe containing eggs, or perhaps let loose with some egg puns!
And after having Macoron Day in May, now we have National Chocolate Macaroon Day for it's coconut-filled sweet counterpart.
4. National Cheese Day – Break out the cheese puns! If you're a cheese lover, today is what you've been training for and it's likely a good number of people in your audience will love cheese too. So, post all the cheese things! Use #NationalCheeseDay or popular hashtags for your favourite cheese!
It's also National Cancer Survivor’s Day #NCSD2020 held on the first Sunday in June. This day is meant to celebrate the life of those who have survived cancer and highlighting that life after cancer diagnosis can be positive, rewarding and inspiring.
5. Apple II Day – today is a day to celebrate the day that the Apple II computer went on sale. June 5, 1977. It was a huge 4KB of RAM (or you could upgrade to a massive 48KB). Ponder that for a moment! And, there began the legend that defined computer use for generations of fans!
Today is also Hot Air Balloon Day if you want to create some content around these graceful balloons in the sky! Definitely instagrammable! Use #HotAirBalloonDay.
Here's a fun template featuring balloons, but you can edit it for any purpose or quote, using a fun animation (click to check out the video animation):
And don't forget World Environment Day. Ready for you to post all things about protecting and valuing our environment.
6. Higher Education Day #HigherEducationDay – you can post about your audience and ask them if they completed any higher education, or perhaps start a discussion about the rising costs of education, especially in the US.
And for many around the world, it's a time to remember the Normandy landing and D-Day held annually on the 6th of June anniversary.
7. National Chocolate Ice-Cream Day – do we need a reason? Probably not.
And for the Gen X-ers, it's also VCR Day. Do you remember? I do… it revolutionised our TV-watching potential and experience!
The 1st Wednesday in June is Global Running Day #GlobalRunningDay.
8. World Ocean’s Day – #WorldOceansDay – find out how you can post about World Ocean's Day on the official website. It's all about ocean celebration and protection and collaboration for a better future. And it's a great day to post your awesome beach/ocean/wave/surfing pics!
Share some tips for protecting our oceans with this template:
It's also Best Friend's Day. Celebrate friends everywhere – share a quote or a story or ask your audience to share their best friend story or tag a best friend!
9. Donald Duck Day – #DonaldDuckDay – Disney fans unite. It's time to celebrate one of the world's well-loved classic Disney characters. Time for a Disney quote?
10. National Herb and Spice Day – Add a little herb and spice to your social media posts. Food bloggers and hospitality businesses, this day is made for you! #HerbandSpice.
Then wash something yummy down with Iced Tea as it's National Iced Tea day.
And it's Ball Point Pen Day, so a post about writing, the history of the humble ball point pen (especially when we rely on technology so much!) might be fun! Or share a writing-inspired or author-inspired quote.
It's also National Rosé Day for the pink wine lovers out there.
It's also World Gin Day (held annually on the 2nd Saturday of June). So many drink celebration options!
11. Corn on the Cob Day – June has a good share of food “days” and today is all about delicious, buttery, Corn on the Cob. #CornOnTheCobDay.
12. Superman Day – The Man of Steel has a day all for himself. DC Entertainment declared June 12 as Superman Day in 2013 to honor the creation of the world's most famous superhero, two days before the release of the movie “Man of Steel.” The day was initially called “Man of Steel Day” but later became “Superman Day.”
If you're a light-bodied wine person, then it's also Red Rose Day for all things roses.
13. Weed Your Garden Day – It could be that your audience is full of people that love gardening. Or maybe it's time for a funny gardening post. Either way, today is #WeedYourGardenDay. Let's be honest here, there aren't many days of celebration on the 13th June so this is the best pick of the bunch!
14. World Blood Donor Day – Today is World Blood Donor Day #WorldBloodDonorDay. Perhaps a reminder post about donating blood would be a good thing to post today, so you can help to spread the word about something important in any country. It's also National Bourbon Day … probably best not consumed before donating blood, just sayin'.
But it's also International Bath Day, and that might be a good thing to indulge in after giving blood. And did you know how this day came to be? It's believed to be the day that Archimedes (Mathematician & scientist) discovered something interesting. He found that the water levels in his bath tub rose as he got in and led to the discovery that the volume of an object could be measured by being submerged in water.
Here's a fun reminder video template in Canva that you can edit easily (switch out the background video and text for your own message):
Or just use it as an excuse to have a bath!
15. Global Wind Day – Today is a worldwide event held annually on 15 June. It's all about discovering wind energy, the power of wind and the possibilities it holds for our energy systems, ability to decarbonise our economies and boost growth and employment. Find out more on the official website.
Today is also Nature Photography Day. Celebrate nature photography with an image on your socials!
It's also World Tapas Day held on the 15th June (3rd Thursday in June, annually). Yum! Share the origin story of these small Spanish plates of deliciousness.
16. It's also World Sea Turtle Day. Find out more on the official WWF website. It's also National Fudge Day.
17. Apple Strudel Day – #AppleStrudelDay. Who doesn't love a good Apple Strudel? Maybe share how to cook the perfect Apple Strudel on social media.
It's also World Juggling Day #WorldJugglingDay held on the Saturday closest to June 17 (this year in 2023, that's 17th June).
It's also National Eat Your Vegetables (Veggies) Day. If you work in the areas of health or food, this might be a good topic to post about.
18. International Picnic Day – Use the hashtag #internationalpicnicday to share your best picnic posts! It's also International Sushi Day... so take your sushi on the picnic! #SushiDay. Share a recipe or maybe a creative GIF or image on your channels!
In 2023, it's Father's Day on 18th June in the US. Father's Day falls on different days around the world #FathersDay. It falls on the 3rd Sunday in June, in the US.
19. Garfield the Cat Day – Share some snarky Garfield humour from the lazy, lasagne-loving cat and use #garfieldthecat. Maybe your audience remembers Garfield from their childhood! You're in luck on Garfield Day, because Garfield the Cat has his own official Giphy Channel with GIFs to share (make sure you share directly from Giphy).
Today is also Martini Day. Shaken or Stirred? Use the hashtag #NationalMartiniDay.
20. 20th June is World WiFi day. Give thanks to the WiFi Gods today.
It's also World Refugee Day – Use the hashtag #WorldRefugeeDay to bring awareness to the plight of refugees the world over, and some messages of hope! It's also World Productivity Day for those businesses who might like to post some productivity tips. #WorldProductivityDay.
If you post about productivity for business, today is the day to talk about that… because it's World Productivity Day! Anyone else struggle with “The Last Minute Effect”?
21. It's National Selfie Day – #NationalSelfieDay is a great day to post a selfie on your social channels.
It's also the International Day of Yoga – find out more about it here. The United Nationals proclaimed the 21 June as the International Day of Yoga by resolution 69/131. Today is all about the ancient physical, mental and spiritual practice of Yoga, popular around the world. Originating in India, the word Yoga derives its meaning from the Sanskrit and means to join or unite (relating to the union of body and consciousness).
Originating in France it's also Fête de la Musique 2021 or World Music Day or Make Music Day.
And don't forget National Smoothie Day. A great day to whip up a new smoothie recipe and post about it or maybe ask your audience for their favorite recipe!
22. Chocolate Eclair Day – Today is all about the deliciousness of chocolate eclairs. That is all.
23. National Pink Day – #NationalPinkDay is all about pink. Which is timely really, as it's also National Flamingo Day #FlamingoDay #PinkFlamingoDay.
24. Swim a Lap Day – #SwimALapDay – today is Swim-a-Lap Day. Share a swimming or fitness inspired piece of content, or maybe a quote like this one, inspired by swimming. Here's a Canva template to help you:
It's also International Fairy Day #FairyDay.
And if you have a puppy, take it to work. It's National Take Your Dog to Work Day. Held annually on the Friday after Father's Day.
It's also International Fairy Day #FairyDay.
25. Global Beatles Day – #GlobalBeatlesDay is all about the Fab Four and their timeless music!
26. Forgiveness Day – Quotes, Tips, Stories… anything about Forgiveness is a great thing to post today. #ForgivenessDay. Note: There's also a Global Forgiveness Day on July 7… just to remind us, in case we forgot this month!
27. National Sunglasses Day – #SunglassesDay – the future's so bright we've gotta wear shades and today's a good day to post about all things Sunglasses. And it's Pineapple Day. Sunglasses on Pineapples would be apt.
28. It's also Paul Bunyan Day, the giant lumberjack from American Folklore.
29. National Camera Day – From Polaroids to Selfies to Drone Photography to quality DSLR shots… today is all about all things “camera”. Share a great photo using this fun Canva template:
30. It's also National Food Truck Day – The world has become obsessed with Food Trucks and all the amazing street food they offer. Use #FoodTruckDay. This is celebrated on the last Friday in June, annually.
Social Media Day – #SMDay started in 2010, launched by Mashable and has been held June 30 every year since, with events held around the world.
And remember, you can join Canva Pro free for 45 days, using this link:
June Social Media Ideas and Holidays – Calendar Weeks, Months & Years
Use this list of June month-long holidays to find week-long social media ideas:
- StepParents' Week (annually for 7 days starting June 1).
- National Forgiveness Week (June 18-24 in 2023)
- National Dairy Month
- National Men's Health Month
- Great Outdoors Month
- National Rose Month
- National Soul Food Month
- Adopt-a-Cat Month
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Month
- National Frozen Yoghurt Month
- International Men's Month.
- International Year for the Elimination of Child Labour
- Internatinoal Year of Fruits and Vegetables
- International Year of Peace and Trust
A few tips for using Canva to create your June Social Media Images in 2023
Here are some quick and easy tips for creating images in Canva for 2023 content:
1. Use templates… all the templates!
The templates I shared in this post are just the tip of the iceberg. Looking for more templates? Follow my Canva Creator Profile on Canva to see 100s of additional templates (including new templates as I release them). I have a growing series of templates available for both Free Users of Canva and Pro Users:
2. Create Videos
Canva now has an amazing video feature that allows you to easily add animations to your designs (text, object and whole-page animations) as well as adding videos and transitions. It's fast becoming an excellent alternative to other video tools so be sure to play with it!
3. Get More Calendar Ideas!
Check out my full updated 2023 calendar post for more 2023 Social Media Calendar ideas!
Over to You
Do you schedule your content ahead? What are your Favourite June Social Media holidays?