Looking for July social media ideas? We've got them in bucketloads in this post. It's filled with Social Media Holidays for the month of July in 2021. We have social media post ideas, video ideas, GIFs and more for you – including Canva Templates!
BY DONNA MORITZ | UPDATED JUNE 22, 2021
Posts on this blog may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase through a link.
This is a big post full of popular, national and international holidays for the entire month of July. We've also added some weird and wacky (and lesser known) days of celebration for July. There's over 60+ different ideas in this post to keep you inspired.
So now you have calendar ideas for every day of the month of July, but also ideas for weekly and monthly holidays too. There are tools and ideas for you to come back to for ideas to at any time later on.
What Comes With our July Social Media Ideas
Here's what you should expect in this post full of July Social Media Ideas:
- you'll find a handy reference guide plus infographic so you can quickly grab social media holidays for the month.
- an overview of a complete month of July social media ideas. This includes ideas for what to create and how to share the content. We've focused mainly on ideas for social video and GIFs but many of the ideas can also be used for image posts.
- a bonus list of awesome tools and resources that will help you to create visuals for dozens of Social Media Holidays. Our Social Media Content Calendar will help you!
- Canva templates you can use immediately (with a Canva Pro account)
- Note that most of these holidays are US-based along with International and regional holidays. Look up holidays in your country or region to add more local content to your posts!
You can check out our other past monthly social media ideas posts (posts are updated at least 1-2 months ahead of the dates each year).
- 60+ January Social Media Holidays
- 60+ February Social Media Holidays
- 60+ January Social Media Holidays
- 60+ February Social Media Holidays
- 60+ March Social Media Holidays
- 60+ April Social Media Holidays
- 60+ May Social Media Holidays
- 60+ June Social Media Holidays
- 60+ July Social Media Holidays
- 60+ August Social Media Holidays
- 60+ September Social Media Holidays
- 60+ October Social Media Holidays
- 60+ November Social Media Holidays
- 60+ December Social Media Holidays
Tips for Prepping Your July Content Quickly
Creating content can be time-consuming, but scheduling content ahead helps you streamline the process. Do a few of these things and it will make it soooo much easier for you.
The idea is to get a whole month's worth of content ready – created, scheduled, and prepped to post, in a snap. Here's my tips for doing that, especially related to creating video:
- Use templates to make it easier: Many DIY Design tools include templates to get you started. Use them! Yes you can design from scratch yourself, but as a non-designer this could take hours. It's easier to use a design template that an actual designer has created and then edit it to customize it. Edit the text, the stock imagery/photo/background video, colors or fonts. Keep it simple. Don't change too many elements or you'll ruin the design.
- Use batching. If you sit down to create one video or image or GIF, why not more? Your time can be used more efficiently when you create content in batches rather than one by one. Once you open up the tools, make the most of it.
- Create social video for your social networks– start with short, social video – 15-30 seconds is long enough for most social media platforms. Progress to longer videos or YouTube length long-format video when you're ready.
- Create content that audiences love consuming. Think about what we love to share and engage with – questions, quotes, how-to videos, handy tips or just some fun, observational humour.
- GIFs to add personality to your posts – so create them. I've added tips for doing this below), You can also find GIFs from Giphy's huge library of GIFs. GIFs are great for adding to social media posts, blogs posts, emails or messages. They add a punch of humour and personality to your storytelling. Be sure to share directly from Giphy to give credit and views to the creator.
Quick Guide Infographic to July 2021 Social Media Ideas & Holidays
Here's a quick reference guide to July Social Media Holidays in 2021. Share it or save it to Pinterest for later reference:
Tips for using this post filled with July Social Media Ideas
- Create social videos around the holiday in question – do a Top 5 list, a how-to video, behind the scenes content (related to one of the holidays), tutorials, or quote videos. Get creative with it! Is it Donut Day? Do a video about Fun Donut Facts! Use one of the video tools below.
- Create GIFs that reflect the holiday in question. Or share a GIF direct from the library in Giphy
- Create images based around the holiday in question – it could be a quote, or a meme, a saying, tip, or photo that reflects the celebration day or image with text overlay.
This post will includes tips for images, videos, GIFs and animations – including Canva template ideas and hashtags for posting. You're only limited by your imagination! Let's dive in!
July Social Media Ideas and Holidays 2021 – Calendar Days
Here are the days of July, packed with ideas. The templates in this post are free for Canva Pro users). Canva Pro gives you access to thousands of videos, elements, photos and templates from a whole range of designers on the Canva Marketplace. If you don't have Canva Pro, try it free for 45 days with this link:
1. Canada Day – O Canada, Our Home and Native Land…. Today is Canada Day so it's all things Maple Leaves, Maple Syrup, Moose and Mounties! Use #CanadaDay #CanadaDay2020
It's also International Joke Day. So break out one of your favorite jokes… maybe some observational humor or ask your audience what their favorite joke is.
2. World UFO Day – Whether it's a conspiracy about Area 52 or a UFO Meme or maybe a question about favourite extra-terrestrial movies or a quote from the X-Files … today is a good day to post about it. It's #WorldUFODay
3. International Plastic Bag Free Day – Today is all about creating a Plastic Bag Free World. See the official website here. Use the hashtag #PlasticBagFreeDay
4. Independence Day – Today marks the 4th of July (public holiday on 5th July) – a huge weekend celebrating America's Independence Day in the US. Use #FourthofJuly.
It also happens to be Alice in Wonderland Day. Here's an interesting article about why the 4th + Alice are a good fit.
It's also National Country Music Day and National Barbecued Spare Ribs Day. Sounds like a good day for country music and ribs on the 4th of July!
5. Bikini Day – Today is Bikini Day. Here are some fun facts about the two-piece bathing suit!
6. International Kissing Day – It's time to pucker up for Kissing Day – break out your best kiss Memes or the best kisses of the movies. Use #KissingDay.
7. World Chocolate Day – This is what we have been training for. #WorldChocolateDay. If you can't find something to post about Chocolate on World Chocolate Day then … we can't be friends.
8. Chocolate with Almonds Day – Because we are still recovering from Chocolate Day yesterday. Also it's Coca Cola Be a Kid Again Day – obviously a marketing campaign but sounds kind of fun.
It's also Video Game Day. It's also Blueberry Day. Smoothies or muffins anyone?
9. Call of the Horizon Day – Today is all about the feeling you get when you look into the distance at the horizon and into the unknown. It's about big dreams and adventure and is a great day to go after your dreams and make a plan to make them happen.
10. Pina Colada Day – Hurrah for the humble Pina Colada… and all of it's coconut-y, pineapple-y goodness. It's also National Kitten Day (because Kittens).
And it's Don't Step On a Bee Day. If you care about the world then you should care about Bees. Today is a day for raising awareness about bees and their role in the food chain and the environment. Find out more here. Use #DontStepOnABeeDay or #BeeGoodtobees.
11. World Population Day – World Population Day is about focusing attention on the urgency and importance of population issues in the world. It was established by the UN in 1989. Find out more here.
And just for fun, it's also Cheer Up The Lonely Day #CheerUpTheLonelyDay. And best of all, it's Mojito Day. #MojitoDay. Cheers!
12. Malala Day – Insert #MalalaDay – Find out more about Malala's Story here and how she inspired the UN Special envoy for global education, and change for girls. Her story is amazing. This is just one of her quotes:
I created this quote video in minutes with Wave.video.
It's also Simplicity Day. Let's celebrate the simplicity of design and why a little space (and leading lines) can be effective. Don't always add all the things!
13. National French Fry Day – Who doesn't love French Fries? Use #NationalFrenchFryDay in your social posts.
It's also Embrace Your Geekness Day. Shout out about your inner geek with pride.
14. Bastille Day – National Day of France or Fête nationale. It's a day of celebration and fireworks. Find out more about the history behind Bastille Day here.
Share a greeting on your socials for Fête Nationale:
Today is also Shark Awareness Day #SharkAwarenessDay and Cow Appreciation Day.
15. Give Something Away Day – Today is about giving something away that is weighing you down or you don't need anymore. Use #GiveSomethingAwayDay.
16. Personal Chef's Day – If you're lucky enough to have a personal chef then today is the day to make them feel special.
Completely unrelated, it's also World Snake Day. Find out more about our slithery friends, here . I'm more than happy not to see them out in the wild. Living in Australia makes that decision for me!
17. World Emoji Day – #WorldEmojiDay is perfect for your social media posts on just about every platform. Engage with your audience about emojis. They are sure to have emojis that they love and hate all at once.
Fun Fact… do you know why they chose the 17th of July as the date to celebrate World Emoji Day? If you don't know, then watch this video. And then maybe share it with your audience as it's a good one! Or perhaps share a post about emojis:
18. Nelson Mandela International Day – In memory of the great achievements of Nelson Mandela, today is #MandelaDay. It's also Get to Know Your Customers Day #GetToKnowYourCustomersDay.
It's also National Icecream Day (3rd Sunday in July, annually). Yum!
19. National Daiquiri Day – Is it time for a cocktail yet? Today is Daiquiri Day. It's also Hug Your Kids Day (3rd Monday in July).
20. National Lollipop Day – Fun and sweet, it's #NationalLollipopDay today. It's also Moon Day (in honor of the day the first day man walked on the moon).
And if you need a little life prediction with a twist of fun… it's National Fortune Cookie Day.
21. National Lamington Day – have you heard of a Lamington? Well, you're in for a treat. It's an Aussie dessert created by the chef to Queensland's eighth governor, Lord Lamington to feed unexpected visitors. It's been honoured with it's own day since 2006. Oh, and it's a yummy sponge cake dipped in chocolate sauce and then dipped in coconut.
It's also Hot Dog Day!
22. National Hammock Day – Today is a day to put up your feet and swing from a hammock. #HammockDay.
23. Gorgeous Grandma Day – Today is all about celebrating our Gorgeous Grandmas. If you're looking for more July Social Media Holidays try Hot Enough For Ya Day and then today is also Vanilla IceCream Day.
24. National Tequila Day – it's always a good day for Tequila and today is a definitely a great day to break out a margarita on #NationalTequilaDay. It's also Amelia Earhart Day to remember the American Aviation pioneer and author, as well as Tell an Old Joke Day.
Break out your Tequila and Margarita GIFs too!
25. National Wine and Cheese Day – Break out the Shiraz and blue cheese… today is made for Wine and Cheese.
26. Aunts and Uncles Day. Today is a day to celebrate our cool Aunts and Uncles!
27. Today it's Creme Brulee Day. The perfect dessert with the perfect “cracking” opening act! Enjoy.
28. Today is National Milk Chocolate Day. Isn't every day chocolate day?
29. Global Tiger Day – is an international day founded by the WWF (World Wildlife Fund) to raise awareness for the protection and preservation of our tigers. Find out more here. It's also Chicken Wing Day. It's also Cheesecake Day –
30. International Day of Friendship Day – Today is a day for celebrating friendships. Find out more here on the official UN site, and use #InternationalDayOfFriendship to post on Social. it's also Chilli Dog Day, held on the last Thursday in July.
31. National Avocado Day – From guacamole to avocado toast, today is all about the humble green avocado.
It's also Mutt Day so celebrate your favourite pooch today or share a post about dogs on social media.
It's also Talk in an Elevator Day (held on the last Friday in July). If the sound of awkward silence in an elevator is worse than the awkwardness of speaking for you, then today is a day to maybe break the rule. Say hi to someone. Or post it as a challenge on social media.
Let's finish with the biggest question of them all. How do you pick a ripe Avocado?
July Social Media Ideas and Holidays – Calendar Weeks & Months
Use this list of July month-long holidays to fuel your social media ideas, along with the week-long and day holidays:
- Independent Retailer Month
- Cell Phone Courtesy Month
- Lasagne Awareness Month
- Lost Pet Prevention Month
- National Blueberry Month
- National Icecream Month
- National Peach Month
- National Parks and Recreation Month
- National Grilling Month
- National Picnic Month
- Clean Beaches week (starting July 1st)
Want more Canva Templates?
Follow my Canva Creator Profile here on the Canva Marketplace – I'm one of the original invite-only creators for the Canva Marketplace and have hundreds of templates available for you to use with a Canva Pro Account. When you follow a Creator you see their recent templates on the Templates Home Page.
And remember, you can join Canva Pro free for 45 days, using this link:
4 Tools to Get You Started with Creating Videos and GIFs
Here are a few of my favorite tools and how I use them to create posts around the calendar “days” of the month
- Gifmaker – Gifmaker is a GIF editing tool that you can use to do all sorts of giffy things. This allows you to edit, crop, and create GIFs using either images or video. The best part is that you can also use Gifmaker to host GIFs on their platform. This is great for the types of GIFs that you create and want to share on your website or send by email.
- Giphy – For GIFs that I want to keep and use again and again I use my Giphy account. It's also handy for combining video or images into GIFs.
- Wave– Wave.video is my favourite tool for creating video. It's great for for creating social video and has a huge libraries of templates, videos, photos also audio tracks. You'll see some videos created with Wave above. See more about Wave.video here.
- Over – Over is a great app for creating short videos too. It is one of the best apps for creating visual content in general, but when it comes to cool video templates, it has a growing library.
Want more Social Media Content Calendar ideas?
Check out our complete 12-month calendar for 2021 in this post:
Over to You
What are your Favourite July Social Media holidays? Let me know in the comments below.
Latest posts by Donna Moritz (see all)
- 60+ December Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates - October 24, 2021
- 12 Cool Instagram Story Ideas Plus Quick, Easy Templates - October 15, 2021
- Tailwind Communities: How to Boost Your Pinterest Reach - October 6, 2021