If you're looking for creative February social media ideas in 2022 then you've found them. This post is packed with Social Media Holidays for February, with plenty of images, social video ideas, GIFs and more!
BY DONNA MORITZ | UPDATED DECEMBER, 2021
Posts on this blog may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase through a link.
You'll find popular and international holidays as well as crazy and unusual days of celebration. And there are literally dozens of ideas – updated for 2022 with Canva Templates!
What Comes With The February Social Media Ideas?
You'll find loads of ideas in this post for February Social Media ideas:
- Canva templates for you to create stunning images and videos quickly to match your posts!
- an overview of all the February social media ideas for your content calendar. This includes what to create and how to share the content you create from this post – for images, videos or GIFs.
- a super-handy reference guide (plus an Infographic) to help you easily grab social media ideas and holidays for the month of February in 2022.
Check out the other monthly social media ideas posts in this series (updated early 2022).
- 60+ January Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ February Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ March Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ April Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ May Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ June Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ July Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ August Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ September Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ October Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ November Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
- 60+ December Social Media Ideas + Canva Templates
Tips for Creating February Content Ahead of Time (in a Snap!)
Creating content can be hard and takes time, but if you schedule ahead and do a few simple things, it makes it much much easier for you.
In fact, with just a few key strategies you can have a month's worth of content created and scheduled out in very little time at all. Here are my tips for doing that, especially when it comes to creating video:
- Use a template. There are plenty of templates available on the tools I've recommended below. Use one of them and use it to guide you. Why spend ages creating a cool design, when you are not a designer? Instead, use a design that a designer has already signed off on, and edit the template. Edit just the text or photo or color. Don't go too crazy as then you run the risk of ruining the design (sorry, but it's true and that goes for me too!).
- Create in batches. If you are going to get into a creative space that results in you creating one social video (this applies to images too), why not create two videos? or three videos? or 10-20 images? It's much easier to create a bunch of videos in one sitting than to do them all at separate times. You have the tools open and ready to go. Keep going and do another one!
- Create short, snappy video for social media – it doesn't have to be an hour long. 15-30 seconds is enough. For more advice about how to create effective 15-second videos, check out this post.
- Create some easily consumed content. For example, image quotes, tips or observational humour are great for engagement, especially on Facebook where people are just scrolling through content at a rapid pace.
- Use GIFs to add some personality. Whether you create your own GIFs (I've added tips below) or you use one of the millions of GIFs in the Giphy library, adding a GIF to a social media post, email or blog post can add humour and personality to the mix.
Canva Templates + 45 Days Free Trial on Canva Pro
Get started by using the Canva templates in this post (includes templates that are both Free for all Canva users, and Free for Canva Pro users). Canva Pro gives you access to thousands of videos, elements, photos and templates from a whole range of designers on the Canva Marketplace. Try it free for 45 days on this link:
Quick Guide Infographic to February Social Ideas & Holidays
Here's a quick reference guide to some of the most important February Social Media Holidays for 2022… so you can share it or save it to Pinterest for later reference:
Want the full 2022 Social Media Holiday Infographic? Click here.
February Social Media Ideas and Holidays – Calendar Days
I've included at least one “day” or holiday for every day in February list of social media ideas and holidays. I've also included hashtags, tools, tips and resources for creating visual content in 2022. This post will be updated annually to check dates. We'll also add content as we create or discover it. So keep it bookmarked to refer back to!
1. Change Your Password Day – #ChangeYourPasswordDay. We all need a reminder to update our passwords, right?
It's also National Get Up Day – this day is all about stories of perseverance, and picking ourselves up when we've fallen to give it another go. Even if you don't mention this day itself, it's a good reminder to share something about persisting with your goals:
2. Groundhog Day – #GroundhogDay. Today is a good day to share a movie clip from the movie Groundhog Day, a quote or maybe a Fun Fact about what Groundhog day actually is!
3. National Carrot Cake Day #CarrotCake – there's something enticing about a cake that completely hides the fact that it is based on carrots. Double the cream cheese frosting please!
4. World Cancer Day #WorldCancerDay
It's also Wear Red Day (US) – held on the first Friday in February.
5. National Chocolate Fondue Day #ChocolateFondueDay in case you need some chocolate. And if you need more chocolate, it's also World Nutella Day.
6. National Frozen Yoghurt Day – #FrozenYoghurtDay.
7. National Send a Card to a Friend Day – #SendACardToAFriendDay. Send a physical card to a friend, like this “Make Waves” card template in Canva:
8. National Boy Scouts Day – #BoyScoutsDay and World Whale Day.
9. World Pizza Day – #NationalPizzaDay
10. National Cream Cheese Brownie Day – #CreamCheeseBrownies
11. Get Out Your Guitar Day and Inventors Day #InventorsDay
12. International Darwin Day (Charles Darwin) #InternationalDarwinDay #DarwinDay.
13. National Tortellini Day #TortelliniDay
And guess what? It's also Super Bowl Sunday! #Superbow #SuperbowlSunday. Share content around the Super Bowl and whatever you are doing to catch the football for Superbowl.
14. Valentine’s Day is here! What list of February Social Media Ideas would be complete without Valentine's Day, right? Share a Valentine's Day themed image like this one:
It's also National Football Hangover Day – #NationalFootballHangoverDay. Do we need to say why this is a day after the Superbowl?
15. Singles Awareness Day #SinglesAwarenessDay
16. Tim Tam Day #TimTamDay in Australia
Not sure what a Tim Tam is? Check out this video that my friends at J29 Creative made after I sent them a gift of some Aussie treats!
17. Random Acts of Kindness Day #KindnessDay. Find out more at this website.
Kindness is a choice. Encourage and be supportive of others:
18. National Drink Wine Day #DrinkWineDay. Share a fun wine-inspired post:
19. National Chocolate Mint Day #ChocolateMintDay
20. Love your Pet Day #LoveYourPetDay. Share a pet or animal inspired post. Use this animal shelter video template to showcase your pet business or your favorite pet!
21. International Mother Language Day #IMLD
Whatever your language skills, take the time to highlight other languages and mother languages today. It's a day to ask your audience to share what their 1st language is or maybe thank them in another language!
22. National Margarita Day #NationalMargaritaDay
Have some fun with some margarita-themed posts… Cheers!
23. World Understanding and Peace Day #WorldUnderstandingAnd PeaceDay.
Share a post that encourages peace, kindnesss or mindfulness in this moment…
24. World Bartender Day #WorldBartenderDay. Share your favourite drink mix or how about a quiz based on your favorite drinks:
Its also National Chili Day (4th Thursday in February). Note: Chilli is spelled as “Chilli” in British English.
25. National Chocolate-Covered Nuts Day #ChocolateCoveredNuts.
26. National Pistachio Day #PistachioDay and International Stand up to Bullying Day (also celebrated on 3rd Friday in November).
27. National Retro Day #RetroDay.
Celebrate with some retro clothes, toys, games or music! Break out the Fleetwood Mac!
It's also Strawberry Day for all of you that love this juicy sweet red fruit!
28. Floral Design Day – #FloralDesignDay & International Stand up to Bullying Day (also celebrated on 3rd February in November). It's also National Toast day (the humble toasted bread) #NationalToastDay.
It's also Chocolate Soufflé Day – because we should always end with chocolate at the end of the month.
Want access to more templates and better features? Grab my free trial of Canva Pro for 45 days to test it out:
February Social Media Ideas and Holidays – Calendar Week/Months
Here's a quick list of February month-long holidays to dive into to find week-long social media ideas:
- African Heritage and Health week (7 days starting February 1st)
- National Patient Recognition Week (7 days starting February 1st)
- National Women's Heart Week (7 Days starting February 1st)
- National Hearth Month (US)
- Creative Romance Month
- National Black History Month
- Celebration of Chocolate Month
- Cherry Month
- Snack Food Month
- National Grapefruit Month
- National Macadamia Nut Month
- Library Lovers Month
- Low Vision Awareness Month
A few tips for using Canva to create your February Social Media Images in 2022
Here's a couple of quick and easy tips for creating images in Canva for 2022 content:
1. Use templates
The templates I have shared in this post are just the tip of the iceberg. Want more templates? Follow me on Canva to see 100s of additional templates (including new templates as I release them). Available for both Free Users of Canva and Pro Users.
2. Create Videos
Canva now has an amazing video feature that allows you to easily add animations to your designs (text, object and whole-page animations) as well as adding videos and transitions. It's fast becoming an excellent alternative to other video tools so be sure to play with it!
3. Get More Calendar Ideas!
Check out my complete 2022 calendar post for more 2022 Social Media Calendar ideas!
Over to You
Do you schedule your content ahead? What are your Favourite February Social Media holidays and have we missed any?
Latest posts by Donna Moritz (see all)
- 60+ August Social Media Ideas (+ Canva Templates) - July 26, 2022
- 15 Fun Canva Zoom Virtual Background Templates (and How To Use Them) - July 18, 2022
- 60+ July Social Media Ideas (+ Canva Templates) - June 30, 2022